- Text based on John 1:9: “The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.”
- Richard J. Clark, vocal, piano, organ
- Michelle Laporte, flute
- Produced by Paul Umbach
- Digital PDF copy of score and individual parts ($49 reprint license)
- Voice, Flute, Cello, piano, organ, chimes, glockenspiel
- If your choir is non-professional, you are given a free license to copy as many as are required for practice and performance — only with the purchase of a digital copy (PDF).
- However, if you are a for-profit organization and/or intend to record this work, or for placement in film, TV, any etc., please contact us at RJC AT rjcceciliamusic DOT com for additional contractual information.
- Requests for different arrangements, please contact us at RJC AT rjcceciliamusic DOT com
Puer natus est nobis (Unto us a child is born)
A starry night, lying fast asleep a child is born, a Savior, a Light for us to keep and as the day grew brighter the angels of the Lord spread the Word of gladness to every one that heard
Oh, this Light upon the World, the Light that sheds the truth to everyone Have you seen this Light upon the world? Born to Earth God brings His only Son.
et filius datus est nobis (unto us a son is given)
The child, Emmanuel brings peace upon the land. God is with us now, His reign is at hand And a single voice cries from the dust to point to us this man: “Prepare the way of the Lord. Clear Him a straightened path.”
Have you seen this Light upon the world The Light that shares the truth with every one? Have you seen this Light upon the World? May the Light of Christmas shine on you.
Have you seen this Light upon the world, the Light that sheds the truth to every one? Have you seen this Light upon the world? May the Light of Christ’s love shine on you.